Hi all! How has your Monday been?
For staters, I tried out this breakfast scramble that I found on one of the blogs.
It’s a savoury hot breakfast which only takes 15 minutes to prepare. I’ve made some adaptations; to find the original recipe, click on the link above.
Ingredients For 2
- 2 eggs
- Tofu (the firmer kind)
- 3 petite potatoes
- Romaine Lettuce & Farmer’s Pick Assorted Vegetables.
- Leftover sliced apples
- Leftover black eyed peas
- Generous amounts of salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Chop potatoes into small pieces, place in microwavable boil, fill with water, and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Slice tofu into small pieces
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in wok and heat to very high.
- In small bowl, beat two eggs, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes and add to hot wok. Stir once to thoroughly coat in oil and then let brown on each side, stirring only occasionally.
- Scoot potatoes over to one side of the wok and add tofu crumbles to the other. Thoroughly stir potatoes and tofu crumbles together.
- Stir mix again and drop temperature down to medium. Add eggs with spices. Stir thoroughly. Add sliced apples and black eyed peas.
- Let cook on medium for another 3 minutes, plate, salt, and serve with romaine lettuce and mixed greens.
How does this look? The Hubs proclaimed that it was gladiator food (too healthy), gasped in horror that there was not meat involved and proceeded to add a few slices of bacon to the otherwise healthy breakfast scramble. Well seeing that the food worked for the gladiators….:)
This arrived in the mail today:
SweatyBands! For those of you who have long/mucho hair and would like to keep them out of the way whilst working out, try sweaty bands! They hold the hair back quite well and don’t slip out at all!
Some things I’ve come to realize today
1) That chopped potatoes can be microwaved to make it cook faster instead of boiling —until I read that breakfast scramble recipe. I always thought that potatoes could be steamed/boiled/baked in oven but 5 mins is all it takes in the microwave for it to cook well!
2) I still like using Windows Live Writer. When will Mac have a user friendly platform?
3) Coffee is a fantastic hot beverage that helps me feel oriented. I had only 1 cup today and I felt out of sorts. So am having my coffee and drinking it now! And talking about coffee, here’s something to bring on the Christmas season cheer!
Do you like potatoes? How do you like your potatoes done?
What is your favourite hot beverage?